At present, I am especially excited about guiding college-bound English language learners as they develop the skills they will need to reach their goals. I try to do everything I can to encourage my students to think on their own and take responsibility for their own learning, because I feel this is the real key to academic success.
Instructor: Anne Agard
annie.agard@gmail.com
Monday, August 8, 2011
My Introduction
I've taught English as a second or foreign language since 1971. During the 1970's, I worked in Morocco and then in Japan. During the 1980's and early 90's, I taught ESL classes for immigrants and refugees with a number of Bay Area Adult schools and private agencies. During the 90's I worked for about five years as coordinator of two family literacy programs serving immigrant families in Richmond. I have been teaching in the ESL Department at Laney college since 1998, first part time and now full time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment